Non-Maryland State Police | Safe and Effective Use of Law Enforcement Personnel in Work Zones
Safe and Effective Use of Law Enforcement Personnel in Work Zones
The Safe and Effective Use of Law Enforcement Personnel in Work Zones Course is mandatory for all law enforcement officers supporting work zone safety at a work zone. This class covers the basics of work zone standards, guidelines, procedures, and the responsibilities of work zone stakeholders. Officers will learn the four work zone area components and provide an understanding of traffic control and the configuration for advance warning areas, tapers, buffers, the placement of LEO vehicles in work zones, and recommend practices and procedures.
- Training modules & the exam are inside the online course.
- Training is not available on an iPad, phone, or other handheld device, it must be done on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Successful completion requires a 70% or higher score on the final exam.
- Certification is valid for 4 years from the time the exam is successfully completed.
- Each person registered must have an email address unique to them. You can no longer use an office email/administrative assistant's email to register multiple people.
- The Google Chrome browser must be used to access the training.
- You have ten attempts to pass the exam, but if you fail the exam you must wait 24 hours before you can try again. Please take the time to review the training materials.
- If all exam attempts are failed there is a three-month waiting period before the individual may register to take the course again.
- After registration, the course information will be made available within 2 business days. The course can then be accessed at will, day or night.
- Registration for the certification course is valid for 6 months. If the course is not completed during that time the registration is forfeited and expired.
- For officers other than Maryland State Police, the course is $150. If you are an officer under the Maryland State Police, use this link to register.
Contact MTBMA at email@example.com with questions about the Safe and Effective Use of Law Enforcement Personnel in Work Zones training.
NOTE: You will be asked about shipping information even though this course is 100% online and nothing will be shipping to you or the registrant. This information will be used to notify you that the order is fulfilled and the training is available to the registrant to take. Enter your company information and the email address of the individual who wants to be notified the course is available (typically the individual creating the registration).