Temporary Traffic Control Manager Certification
Temporary Traffic Control Manager Certification (Orange Card)
*The state of emergency was lifted on July 1st, 2021. After August 15, 2021, expired certifications will no longer be honored.*
This one-day, 8-hour course is designed for field supervisors providing Temporary Traffic Control Manager (TTCM) training for work zones. Individuals will be provided an online course manual with instructional material and learn the fundamentals of TTC, SHA’s Standards and Specifications, and typical applications. Individuals will then complete a multiple choice online examination at the end of the course.
- Training modules & the exam are inside the online course.
- Each person registered must have an email address unique to them. You can no longer use an office email/administrative assistant's email to register multiple people.
- After registration the course information will be made available within 2 business days. The course can then be accessed at-will, day or night.
- Training is not available on an iPad, phone, or other handheld device, it must be done on a laptop or desktop computer.
- The Google Chrome browser must be used to access the training.
- The course, on average, takes 4-6 hours and can be completed online any time day or night.
- The exam has a time limit of two hours, which must be completed without interruption.
- You have two attempts to pass the exam.
- Successful completion requires an 70% or higher score on the final exam.
- If both exam attempts are failed there is a three month waiting period before the individual may register to take the course again.
- Certification is valid for 4 years from the time the exam is successfully completed.
Contact MTBMA at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Temporary Traffic Control Managers Course.
NOTE: You will be asked about shipping information even though this course is 100% online and nothing will be shipping to you or the registrant. This information wll be used to notify you that the order is fulfilled and the training is available to the registrant to take. Enter in your company information and the email address of the individual that wants to be notified the course is available (typically the individual creating the registration).