Please click here to visit MDE’s website for Erosion and Sediment Control.
If you have any questions about this course please email Pat Depkin or call (410)537-3628.
The Responsible Personnel Certification is required in Maryland by anyone overseeing the installation and maintenance of erosion and sediment control practices. This Certification is available through an on-line training course. There is no fee for the course and it should take 4-5 hours to complete, although does not need to be done in one sitting. At the successful completion of the course, a certification number and card will be generated by the program. You may print out the card and/or save the file electronically.
The online course covers:
- Ecological and resource values of waters of the State
- Effects of erosion and sedimentation
- Process of erosion
- State and Local E&SC laws, ordinances and regulations
- Responsibilities of supervisory and enforcement personnel
- E&S practices: purpose, installation, and maintenance
- This course is taught using the “2011 Maryland Standards and Specifications for Erosion and Sediment Control”.
- No prerequisites
- The MDE Responsible Personnel Certification is a prerequisite to the SHA Erosion and Sediment Control Course (Yellow Card)
- Certification is valid for 3 years and is automatically renewed unless the Administration notifies the certificate holder that additional training is required