Temporary Traffic Control Manager (TTCM) Course
Inclement Weather Cancellation Policy - If Anne Arundel County Public Schools are closed Traffic Control Traffic Manager courses will be canceled/ rescheduled. If Anne Arundel County Public Schools are 2 hours late, Traffic Control classes will still take place.
This one-day eight hour course provides Work Zone Traffic Control (WZTC) training to Traffic Managers (TM) required on projects on the State highway system. This course is designed for field supervisors and crew leaders. The course includes fundamentals of Temporary Traffic Control (TTC), SHA’s TTC related standards and specifications, TTC typical applications, etc. Passing grade is 70%. As per the SHA specifications, the TM must be successfully completed every four (4) years. This course is provided by SHA in collaboration with Maryland Transportation Builders and Materials Association (MTBMA).
- Class instruction begins at 7:30 am.
- YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PICTURE ID (DRIVERS LICENSE) TO ENTER THE BUILDING. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Classes are limited to 40 people per class. Registration is done on a first come, first serve basis.
- Successful completion requires a 70% or higher on the exam. If you score a 66% or 68% you have one free re-test.
- Results: Names of those who passed the exam will be listed within 10 business days on our main website under Traffic Control.
- SHA Temporary Traffic Control Manager (orange) cards and other correspondence will be mailed to the address used at registration.
- Certification is valid for 4 years.
- $95 Non-Members / $80 MTBMA Members / $20 Government Employees
Payment is due at the time of registration. No refunds after the day of the class. If you cannot attend a class we ask that you give us 24 hour notice prior to the day of the class in order to reschedule. If you would like more information on how to become an MTBMA member, click here.
SHA Office of Traffic and Safety
7491 Connelley Drive
Hanover, MD 21076
*Please verify address on your registration confirmation receipt.